10 new features for scanning bureaus in the latest release of PSI:Capture
May 20, 2013 Leave a comment
PSI:Capture from PSIGEN has always focused on helping its scanning service bureau partners to streamline their business processes, reduce labour costs and drive higher profits. The PSI:Capture 4.6 release has over 70 new features, many of which were requested by bureaus to make their scanning operations even more efficient. Below are 10 new key features for any scanning service bureau:
- Batch Deadline System. This feature gives you the ability to provide a timed deadline on particular scan jobs. When a batch hits its deadline, an email notification is sent, and the deadline becomes red in Batch Manager. Really useful for those quick turnaround batches.
- PDF Text to Field. No more OCR for electronically generated PDFs or PDFs that have already been OCR’d. This feature will pull in the text layer to a field that can then be parsed using our pattern matching technology for automated indexing. Higher accuracy and faster job completion.
- Enhanced PDF Forms processing and template auto-configuration. PSI:Capture has had the ability to ingest form fields from within a PDF for a while, but now setup time is a quicker. There is now a PDF form configuration template. Just point PSI:Capture at a sample PDF form file, and all the form fields are configured as index fields with the right data type and length. Not a bad feature to have on that 300 field PDF form the customer wants processed.
- Blank page processing enhancements. Ah the blank page, the bane of every service bureau. Is it actually blank? 4.6 adds new processing algorithms that can all be used at once, using a voting process. Add that to the new blank page recognition preview tester, and you can load, test and view results before you scan 10,000 pages.
- Data file parsing enhancements. Strange legacy data file included with every image? Want to auto-extract information from an XML file? PSIGEN has enhanced its text data file processing to include the ability to put the data file into a memo field in the product. Once in the field, PSI:Capture’s ADE engine can be used for pattern matching and parsing to glean out the data.
- SQL Azure Integration. PSI:Capture now integrates with Microsoft’s Azure platform on 3 levels: database document type templates for ease of setup, cloud database lookups and SQL Azure database migration. This enhancement will help bureaus to access customer data more easily, through a seamless integration.
- Flag auto-processing for separation and combining. Do you have complex OCR pattern match separation and want to offload the process to another machine? With separation auto-processing, you can now do all your separation in a separate workflow step. Note: this is just the tip of the iceberg for all types of automated processing you can do in this manner.
- Parallel OCR format processing. Previously, if you had a customer that wanted searchable PDFs as well as a full text/XML output, you had to run two separate OCR processes to create both formats. No more. With parallel OCR processing, you can create two formats with one capture workflow step.
- Full batch and folder rejection capabilities. If one of your operators is scanning a folder that is a total mess, but the problem is there are 100 documents and they all need to be kept together, how do you reject the folder and all the sub-documents without holding up the whole batch? Exceptions processing in automated mode can now auto-reject the whole batch or folder.
- Speedy job setup. Faster setup = faster completion = lower labour costs = getting paid sooner. There are a high number of features focused on getting you into production faster: auto-zone sizing, zone setup hot keys, auto-detect and configure barcodes, global device profiles, custom auto-correction libraries for OCR and much, much more.
Drive more business. Reduce your labour costs. Higher profits. PSI:Capture from Datafinity.